# What is Jesse?
Jesse is an advanced algo-trading framework that helps you to write trading strategies in Python, tune them using AI, backtest, and trade them on live markets. It focuses on simplicity.
This guide assumes you have basic knowledge of Python. In case you don't, please first check out w3schools (opens new window) to get started with Python syntax.
# Why do I need it?
The short answer is: Jesse is more accurate, and way more simple than other solutions out there. In fact, if I have to summarize Jesse in one word, that word would be simplicity.
These are features Jesse supports so far:
- The simplest possible syntax for defining your strategies. Supports both simple and advanced strategies.
- The simplest possible syntax for using technical indicators.
- Support three major order types (market, limit, and stop) while no need to think about which order type to use. It'll take care of it for you.
- Support for using multiple timeframes without the look-ahead bias!
- Support for trading multiple symbols in a single strategy.
- Trade multiple pairs at the same time!
- Risk-management helper functions.
- A fully functional and automated metrics system to get useful info about your strategy.
- Simple charts to get a better understanding of your portfolio.
- Easy importing of candles, and cleaning data behind the scene.
- Optimize mode allows you to optimize any part of your strategies using the genetic algorithm.
- A detailed debug mode allowing you debug every step of your strategy.
- Support for leveraged trading.
This software is for educational purposes only. USE THE SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHORS AND ALL AFFILIATES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR TRADING RESULTS. Do not risk money which you are afraid to lose. There might be bugs in the code - this software DOES NOT come with ANY warranty.